Saudia and Andy are having a baby!

Well, we were finally (mostly!) ready to take the real plunge and bring a new life into this world. Read about our adventures as we journey towards parenthood together!

Due Date: Christmas!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Why don't I have a Belly?

I'm sure in a few weeks, this post will be "what happened to my belly?" but for now... I keep waiting for the beautiful, cute little pregnancy "bump" that all the celebs have when they get knocked up. Why, why can't this miracle happen to me?

Probably for the same reason I don't weigh 101 lbs and do yoga for an hour every day to 'stay fit'... but that's ok. I'm looking basically a bit chubby, but I did have someone come up to me last week and say "you are expecting!" It was kinda cool... so cool I forgot to say "what do you mean, no I'm not" with a shocked expression on my face. hehe that one never gets old, truly!

So I have a chubby belly, which means my loosest pants are starting to pinch and chafe. Which means the dreaded Pants Shopping. For those of you with junk in the trunk, you know what I'm talking about. You have maybe 2 stores that fit You, and then the other stores you can buy tops or shoes in. Note to self: those 2 stores that fit You actually fit pre-pregnancy you, not Knocked Up You.

So I've resorted to online shopping without the pre-fitting test run that might normally accompany said shopping spree. Which is you would go into a store, try a bunch of crap on, find the one pair of pants in the entire store that fits You (see note to self, above) and then proceed to purchase 4 more pairs in different colors from their online stock. This new shopping for Knocked Up You simply skips the first step. As an added bonus, all the pants are now simply S-XL, 1X and 2X (when available). Who knows what size you are - it's like being 14 all over again!! Hell, Hell I tell you!!

We'll see how JCPenney's does - they have a pretty good online selection, so it could happen. It's getting close to fall (i.e. Pants season) and the ones I have are not fitting, so it's gotta happen. If you happen to have any Chubby Girl/ Knocked Up Me pants that might fit, please feel free to send along. I promise to return if/ when they do not fit.

PS if you haven't seen Facebook, I've posted pics of the crib I put together, and of the UP trip last week.

Talk to you all soon-
Love, Saud

No comments:

Post a Comment