Saudia and Andy are having a baby!

Well, we were finally (mostly!) ready to take the real plunge and bring a new life into this world. Read about our adventures as we journey towards parenthood together!

Due Date: Christmas!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

UP Visit

So, you may or may not know that my Grammie is from the UP... not only from the UP, but from the very tip of the top of the UP. She grew up in a very small UP town called Lake Linden, which is about halfway up the Keewenaw Peninsula. She has two older sisters who still live in that area, one in Houghton (where Michigan Tech is) and one in Calumet (another small town up there).

Why am I telling you this? Well, we are taking a weekend trip to the UP, to Marquette specifically, about an hour from the Keewenaw. I CAN"T WAIT to visit my Auntie Betty and probably Auntie Mary, too. My auntie Betty is awesome, she's about 90ish and she still lives on her own in a small apartment. Auntie Mary lives in a senior apartment building, she's the oldest daughter, I think she's about 93 or 94. She's bossy, which I definitely appreciate as an oldest child! Her favorite phrase when we were kids was "Drink your juice!" She has a juice glass (think large shot glass, about 3 ounces) of juice and walks every single day.

I am riding up with my Leadership Michigan friends, Lynette and Tonia. We met during a leadership program, and we're all bossy. There are four of us, but our fourth Micki can't make this trip. We are staying at Lynette's cabin in the middle of nowhere, which I believe her husband Dave built... crafty!! I'll be meeting up with Loretta on Friday to make the trek to see Auntie Betty and my Grammie, who is up for a visit.

I'll be sure to letcha know how the trip was when we get back - Take care!!
Saud

No comments:

Post a Comment