Saudia and Andy are having a baby!

Well, we were finally (mostly!) ready to take the real plunge and bring a new life into this world. Read about our adventures as we journey towards parenthood together!

Due Date: Christmas!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Baby Checkup #2

Hey all - I know it's been a while since I posted, but was waiting for today's Baby Checkup! Everything is going GREAT, and the baby is doing well. Dr Strzoda (Strode-uh) checked the heartbeat - 150, which is good - and my bp is 106/70, which is a bit low for me, but good. She still hasn't measured my belly, but basically there is nothing to measure yet (dang it!!), I'm just getting a bit thicker all over.

Interesting note that between the last appointment, where my weight stayed exactly the same despite a diet of potato chips and french fries, and this appointment, I have lost a pound. I know, right?? Generally speaking, I can't lose a pound to save my life... But apparently, this is also nothing to be concerned about. Since I'm "over" the starting weight for my size anyway, she is not concerned about this at all. Wasn't that a nice way to put it??

Couple testing items of note this appointment: they drew blood (fun!) for the genetic screenings. This will look for signs of Down Syndrome, Spina Bifida and other genetic abnormalities. If anything is out of range, the next step would be an amniocentesis (sp?). We're also planning our first ultrasound in a few weeks. This will show a better measure of the baby's growth, and .... the sex!! Now taking bets on boy vs girl!! All proceeds go towards diapers +)



Anyway, hubby and me are on vacation this week, staying at home getting a bunch of stuff done - taking a load of crap to the dump tomorrow, painting the "library" formerly known as the drum room, moving furniture out of the "baby room" formerly known as Maddy's room, and generally doing some housekeeping. It's not too bad, since it's about hot enough to cook eggs on the sidewalk (project for tomorrow??) outside.



Hoping you all are doing well and staying cool - and, as always, nice to talk with all of you!
Love, Mommy Saud

1 comment:

  1. Really, I can't let this one slide - dump - have you learned nothing from me. That is like a naughty word in my world!

    I was going to tell you I thought you'd looked like you'd lost weight in the pic Jen posted on her Katie blog!

    ReplyDelete