Saudia and Andy are having a baby!

Well, we were finally (mostly!) ready to take the real plunge and bring a new life into this world. Read about our adventures as we journey towards parenthood together!

Due Date: Christmas!

Monday, July 12, 2010

It was a steamy day in July....

OMG - I was so hot, I think I was melting!
What a week for a vacation (if you can call it that!) - every day was over 90 degrees, and I spent most of them in the basement! Ok, I was doing work down there, but it was also cooler...
So we decided to have a 'staycation' and catch up on some house chores - clean out garage, clean out/ paint "library" (which you may know as the drum room or the ocean room downstairs), move furniture from baby room to library, clean out office... it was quite the list!
We got most of it done, though there is some furniture which still needs to be rearranged, but I'm happy to let the brother in law and hubby work on that part this week=) We made a trip to the dump with a truck full of crap - old hoses, a broken futon frame, etc. That was $5 off our minds! Cheap!
We had the baby appointment (see previous post for details), and .... we went crib shopping. Now, this may seem like an ordinary thing for people who are expecting babies to do. However, let me just say, there is a never ending world of complications when it comes to cribs - color (espresso, buff, carmel, white), shape (prison-like rectangle, furniture-esque convertable), size (mini or regular?) AAHHHHhhh! And you know me, are we getting the best deal possible, or are we getting hosed out of our clothes?
We started at Babies R Us, where, to be completely honest, I was not expecting much. I was expecting lower quality, higher priced options, but something to get us started. Was I wrong! What a showcase! It was very high-quality, big selection, Andy said they had a "whole showroom" of cribs... it was amazing! We found two that we L-O-V-E-D. One is $500 and is fit for a king (or a Kneffel...), and the other is more reasonable price-wise, but highly furniture-esque. Both convert into a toddler bed, then a day bed, then a full-sized headboard. I think this gets you because you feel like you're investing in furniture instead of a baby bed. It worked for me!
But, you know me. We had to leave there and make sure we were getting the BEST DEAL. So we went to Target. They had the crib I had originally picked out, which now seemed... well, toothpick-like in comparison for nearly the same price. sigh. So I think we're ok with the BRUs one, just have to find room for the King Bed (or Princely counterpart) after the furniture is moved.
Any thoughts on cribs or other baby parts, I'd sure be interested!
As always, good to talk to you all - miss you and love you -
Saud

No comments:

Post a Comment